Sunday 17 January 2021

Blue Book - part 1

Hello. I enjoyed doing collage/mixed media in my altered book during December so much I had to treat myself to this gorgeous number! It's the Dina Wakely Media Journal Blue Edition. It has a mix of denim, burlap and cotton paper, so cool! 

The page above is on one of the cotton pages. The background is a mix of tissue paper and napkin. The lovely lady is from a magazine and I used random ephemera to decorate.

The page below is on the denim and I experimented with some texture paste and a stencil, it turned out ok. Everything else on the page was fussy cut from one sheet of paper from the 'Patchwork' set by Stamperia.

The background, flower, butterfly and bird on the page below are all from the Vintage Artistry Coral Mini Collection by 49&Market. I love these sets as you get four double sided papers and two laser cut sheets of coordinating elements. I added some words, ephemera and lace from my stash.

As you can see I'm keeping myself busy at home during this lockdown, hope you are staying safe too.

3 comments:

Glennis F said...

Beautiful work Liz, very creative

Dotty Jo said...

Goodness, Liz, what a stunning book. Love each page, Jo x

Janette said...

Hi Liz, this is such a fabulous book, never seen anything like it and your pages are gorgeous, love it.x