Tuesday 20 August 2019

to the birthday girl


Hello. Today I'm sharing my regular make for Seven Hills Crafts. When I was little (I'm going to show my age now) I loved playing with those paper dress up dolls. The outfits had little foldover tags to attach them to the cardboard doll, hours of fun! Well this stamp set reminded me of those dolls. It's the Fashion Wear Stamp Set by Concord & 9th. You get two basic face stamps and then you can stamp different hairstyles and accessories. This means you can personalise for the recipient. There's loads of sentiments too!

For my card I used the largest die from the Wonky Stitches set by Avery Elle to cut a piece of watercolour card. I then stamped my girls using Versafine as I used watercolours to colour. The background patterned paper is from the Vintage Botanicals paper pad.

Thanks for stopping by today, happy crafting!


5 comments:

Janette said...

Now that takes me back Liz, wonder how kids would react today, you never know....anyways, I think your card is gorgeous, love those sweet faces.xx

Jo said...

Wow, that's a trip down memory lane.....I used to love those paper dolls! Love your card, especially the layers x

Dotty Jo said...

Love your card, Liz! I played with paper dolls as a child and loved them. There are quite a few electronic versions and the kids like them just as much. Not sure how they'd take to the paper versions, Jo x

Carole said...

Great card Liz..love your girls. yes I remember those dress up dolls with the paper tabs too! hmmm...now back to your girls...do they do a set of oldies??..lol

cotnob said...

A super card Liz, great stamps - I remember playing with those paper dress up dolls as well!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x