Tuesday 11 August 2020

Colouring Journal - part 1

Hello. I'm back from my staycation. We enjoyed a safe, socially distanced, dog friendly week south of the border in Northumberland. A gorgeous cottage in Warkworth, a castle at one end of the high street and a beautiful old church at the other. And, maybe more importantly, coffee shops and beer gardens in between the two! 

I got this beautiful Prima Journal 'Poppies and Peonies' from Paper, Pen and Plan and have decided to use it for colouring practice. The pages are super smooth and satisfyingly thick, love it!

After stamping and colouring my image I decided to add a few bits of washi tape just to finish off the page.

I also decided to record the name of the stamp and the materials I used on journaling cards.


The White Rabbit page above has turned out a little more than just colouring! I have a bundle of Alice napkins and thought that one layer of a napkin would be a perfect finishing touch. 

So there we are, another journal put to use!   

3 comments:

Claire said...

Fabulous design. Love the idea of adding the stamp details for your future self. I love finding little notes like that I have left myself. You should read the one I wrote at the end of 2017 to myself in 2020... not quite what I thought lol
Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

Glennis F said...

Lovely pages, Liz, I don't have much luck with those pencils

Janette said...

Hi Liz I LOVE this journal, the images are fabulous and so is the colouring.xx