Thursday 19 April 2018

Memories....


I have a huge box of family photographs. Going right back to my great grandparents time. Some people in the photographs I know and others I haven't a clue who they are! Well, I have decided that now is the time to deal with this. I have bought a black and white Simple Stories album and some of the Zella Teal collection. I am going to chip away at this over the next year. I was thinking I would only document the photograph if I know who they are and also ones that I remember from my parents albums, ones that mean something to me.

I'm not then sure what to do with the leftovers. No point in them lying about, and no-one else in the family wants them. Can I bring myself to throw them out? Has anyone documented old photographs, do you have any tips or advice? I'd love to know before I make a start.
 

Album and Zella Teal Collection available in PP&P Etsy here.

2 comments:

Kath said...

I've also got a large box of photographs and albums too - they've all headed my way when relatives have died. A lot of them have names and dates on the back, but there are a lot of unidentified ones too. Like you, I can't bring myself to throw them out but there's no-one in our family that can identify them. I'll be interested to see what advice others share with you.
Kath x

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, what a fabulous archive! Bet you'll make some gorgeous pages, Jo x