Tuesday 1 November 2011

I'm back.....

...from a few relaxing days down in Northumberland, near Hadrian's Wall. Strolling through little market towns, scones and lattes and a wee cheeky red with my dinner, bliss! Although it does mean the crafty 'work' has backed up a bit.

I'm glad to see my scheduled post for my guest spot over on the Papertake Weekly Challenge published OK (see post below). Thanks for the invite ladies.

And, as it's Tuesday, nowadays that means only one thing, it's Teddy Bo Tuesday! New bears and a brand new challenge...pastels. Find out all about the challenge here.

For my card I used Teddy Bea 163 and coloured with copics and prisma pencils. Some embossing, twine and a little sentiment keep it nice and simple. And that's good 'cos I'm entering my creation into this week's Less is More....stars.

Our new member of the family arrives tomorrow and I'm soo excited. Will share some pics of the handsome Boyd (rescued greyhound) as soon as he settles in.

OK then, that's all my news. Off now to catch up on some DT commenting duties, maybe make a start on my next magazine commission and have a nosey at what you have all been up to. Oh, and don't forget to enter my gorgeous Fizzy Moon giveaway here.


13 comments:

PinksyDoodles said...

Oh so cute!
Clare x

Pauline said...

This is just adorable, such a lovely image! Love the embossed backgrouns and the touch of baker's twine. Your colouring is fabulous too!

thea said...

Oh what a nice card, and such a perfect background

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! The embossed background looks lovely.

Sounds like you had a lovely time. Look forward to the photos!
xx

Jenny said...

Your short break sounds bliss...all that wining and dining!!!
Really cute card, love the CAS design on the embossed bkgd :)
Ah bless, look forward to seeing pics of your new addition.
Jenny x

Mrs A. said...

Love the embossed background. Just right for keeping clear and simple.
Gorgeous card all round. Hugs Mrs A.

Chrissie said...

Wonderful colouring and a fabulous card!
Thanks so much Liz.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card, love how the image really stands out against the white. Glad you had a good time in Northumberland - one of my most favourite places! Bet it was chilly!!! Jo x

Vicky Hayes said...

Your beautifully coloured image looks great against the embossed background Liz. I've just come back from the North East and couldn't believe how warm it was!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I really love this creation. You have colored your image beautifully. It looks great on the embossed background and the touch of twine is perfect. I also love the sparkley trim on the coat. Fabulous!

Lee said...

Glad you have had a relaxing break.Adore your card,gorgeous image,fab colouring.Great layout n embellies.xx

fatmonica said...

It's beautiful!

Julia said...

I love the threads in the corners :) Very cute card :)