Thursday 7 October 2010

Let it Snow

So I'm persevering with a different style. Playing around with Hero Arts stamps and distress inks. This stamp was part of my DT pack from Simply Create (thanks Jacqui). It's called Snowy House and I love it. I coloured the snowy house with copics. The background was stamped using 'Cling Dots' with 'Faded Jeans' distress ink. And, I can't believe I actually tore a bit of paper, it's so not me!

Anyways, I'm sort of fairly pleased with it but can't help feeling it looks a bit bare and that something is missing.


12 comments:

MagsB said...

I really like the way the embossed dots on the 'snow' echo the spots on the background paper - and doesn't that house look so snug and warm!

luv, Mags x

Dragonlady said...

Hi Liz

I love the little house, great tearing too.

Hugs Ali x

melsanford said...

This is fab - gorgeous stamp, love the spotty paper and the torn, embossed paper is fab! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Claire said...

This is great .... I think its always a challenge when you try something new, when its not your usual style of crafting. You've done a fab job. Hugs, Claire x

pink lady said...

I love it Liz, the tearing looks fab but I know what you mean, it would go against the grain with me too! You sure can't tell it's out of your comfort zone it's gorgeous...hugs Shelly x

Kirsti said...

It's perfect just the way it is...kirsti xx

Wishcraft said...

Great card, love this sweet house and the spotty backgrounds... it's a LONG time since I made myself tear any paper - yours looks fab but I can never bring myself to do it! Lisa x

Kath Stewart said...

wow liz...love your cute snowy house and this is right up my street...love it...hugs kath xxx

Tasha said...

Liz this is beautiful, such a fabulous little scene, great stamp too
love tasha xx

CraftyC said...

Its a beautiful card Liz. I love the pretty scene you have created and the trine paper looks great!
Clairexx

bumblealsie said...

I know what is missing.

Angela said...

Nothing missing at all - I think it's gorgeous as it is - love the colours!