Monday 19 April 2010

My New Play Room!

OK, so here is the reason I have not had a card to share since Friday. I have moved the crafty corner from the dining area in the lounge to the second bedroom/hall cupboard. This first picture is the techie bit.

And, moving round, this is now where the magic happens. All from Ikea, including the nifty little clip-on spotlight. The back bit is magnetised and will no doubt soon become cluttered with clippings from mags and the like. The drawers at the side have casters so that whole bit easily slides out for access to the sewing machine.

And inside my drawers, they will not stay this tidy for long, but I will try.

And the other drawers. I keep a little stock of printed and stamped images in the red folder. White and black card on the next shelf down and a basket of punches at the bottom. In the wheelie drawers are my project/note books (anybody would think I am organised). Then a plastic partitioned box with my ink pads, acrylic blocks and embossing powders. My tidy bundle of coloured cardstock is in the bottom (my untidy bundle is elsewhere, but more of that below). The bottom drawer (not in picture) holds embellies and flowers.

Four steps away is the hall cupboard....who needs a vacuum and an ironing board anyway? Not me! I put up the shelves myself but the nice man in the DIY shop cut out little bits for my pipes.

Top shelf - buttons, brads, card candy etc and Penny Black stamps.
Middle - paper and all other stamps.
Floor Up - a set of plastic drawers holds papers pads, paper scraps and coloured card. The plastic tub holds the untidy card (bits just too big to throw away and I might use one day). You will notice, on top of the drawers three scrapbook sets....one day.
The shoe holder on the back of the door holds everything else.


I hope I haven't bored you all too much but a few folk had asked for a nosey!


13 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Hi Liz

I dream of a craft area and craft storage like this. You are so organised. Thanks for sharing, wasn't bored I read the whole post!!!

take care hun.

Hugs Ali x

Настасья said...

Мечта рукодельницы :)

julietk said...

:-) I was not bored, it all looks fab. If I had a proper craft room my hubby and son would never see me :-D

JR Creations said...

Bloody fabulous! I should probably put pics up of mine seeming as how i'm in here 24/7 but that would involve leaving here to find the camera. LOL! Gotta love Ikea, all ours is done out in it too apart from some custom built Waterford Crystal cabinets which I also took over. Mwahahahaha! Nowhere near as organized as that but you've inspired. New trip to Ikea methinks. Thanks for sharing.

Jenny T.

Faye said...

You are sooooooooooooooooooooo mean, tainting me with your stash like that! ;( xxx

Irena said...

Great place you've done for creations:) I wish you many creative ideas created in it!

PinksyDoodles said...

What a perfect craft haven. The storage is brilliant and a it's a great idea to have the sewing machine on a wheeled unit. I hope you have hours upon hours of happy crafting in your new space.
Clare x

debby4000 said...

It all looks fabulous Liz.
luv
Debby

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Good old Ikea - looks fabulous....xx

Carol Ann said...

Wooooooooohooooooo what a fabbie crafting space looks brilliant Liz and sooooo tidy :)

Hugs Carol Ann xx

Mrs A. said...

So when can I move in!!!!!!
This all looks fab.

Anonymous said...

Stumbled onto your blog via the PB challenge. Love the new crafty room, very well organised, don't know what it is but I love to see where other people create! have a great crafty weekend in your new room.

Hugs
Brenda

bumblealsie said...

i can see this is the room where all the fantasies happen!!!!!