Thursday 16 December 2010

altered embroidery hoop


This is another project for my design team duties for Simply Create. This months box was filled with papers from Glitz Design, buttons, twine, chipboard shapes and a few other bits and bobs.

I spotted these embroidery hoops in my local craft shop and had a eureka moment!

The large nestie circle is the perfect size to fit the frame. I then used the next nestie down to cut out the yellow circle from the designer paper and inked the edges. I stamped the bird and cut out the flower (also from the papers). I inked the hoop, messy business. Added the little roses, buttons and twine. Job done.


7 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hiya Liz. This is absolutely gorgeous. What a wonderful idea,so beautifully created, and in such fabulous colours. I love it. Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

What a fabulous idea and this is gorgeous. Love the rich, warm colours and the buttons look fab.
I have some old embroidery frames somewhere - now you have given me the inspiration to dig them out.
Caroline xxx

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Petty! Good use of materials. I like this a lot.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! So creative and very beautiful. Well done Liz - fab!! xx

Mrs A. said...

Wow. I call that inspirational. Love the choice of colours.

ForgedinPaper said...

This is a fab idea. Love it. I must break my kit open and actually cut it up lol.

bumblealsie said...

whit?