Thursday 21 October 2010

Festive Spirits



This month my design team kit from Simply Create is made up of My Minds Eye 'Holly Jolly' papers, the stamp set to match, lace, buttons and a little box to alter.

So I set to work on the box first and here is the result.

Firstly I gave the whole box a wash of red water colour then covered it with the dotty paper. I stamped the two snowflakes and the two baubles and heat embossed them with clear powder and cut out. Then I inked round all the edges with tattered rose distress ink.

The little menu cards are computer printed, layered on to the dotty paper, stamped with the Noel from the set and inked with the tattered rose.

Now, what am I going to do with the rest of my kit?

8 comments:

Claire said...

I absolutely love this, what a fab pressie this would make for someone and the box is great. Hugs, Claire x

Kirsti said...

What a lovely idea Liz...I am working on mine just now along with birthday cards...supposed to be doing the Willowing Art Journal course and next week the Dina Wakely one...thank goodness the kids go back to school on Monday...lol...xxx

Wishcraft said...

Oh you clever thing, this is fabulous! Love what you've done with this box :o) Lisa x

Mrs A. said...

What a great gift this will make.Love what you have done here.

Donna Mosley said...

This is so lovely Liz. It will make a fantastic present for a lucky someone.

Donna x

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW Liz this is gorgeous.
luv
Debby

melsanford said...

Fab idea! I love this - so clever :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

bumblealsie said...

lovin the box, lovin the carboard box.