Monday 5 April 2010

April Calendar

Hi, me again. Just realised I forgot to show you my calendar page for April. So here it is. I did something new for me...paper piecing! Doesn't it work out fab (even if I say so myself) on these Oriental girlies from the DigiStamp Boutique.

I will certainly be using this technique again. But what does everyone do with the little bits that are stranded? Like the pink girls hands. Too small for me to cut out neatly so I used copics to colour them, but it didn't turn out flesh coloured. Hubby says that she has been at the strawberry jam (or the beetroot)!

I am entering this into the challenge on One Stop which is Paper Piecing.

11 comments:

JR Creations said...

Deadly, have tried to do these but failed miserably. Love your work!

Juls said...

wow wow wow!!! Love this!!

melsanford said...

This is lovely! Have you tried printing the image again onto white card and then you could colour that and add as decoupage? Or onto another patterned paper in a more suitable colour? I think the effect is lovely. Hugs, Mel xx

Carol Ann said...

This is a lovely page can't believe it's April already! I think she has just been doing a lot of washing up :) I do agree these are really nice images.

Hugs Carol Ann xx

Mrs A. said...

This is really fresh and different. Makes you think of spring. Can't wait to see the rest of the months.

Georgia said...

Ooh wow Liz, this is stunning! I love the cute images and the flowers look fabulous! Have a lovely week! :) Love, Georgia xx

bumblealsie said...

wish it was April every month

Jill said...

Wow this is absolutely gorgeous, images, colours, everything about it!

Jill x

Faye said...

That technique does work fabulously well with those girls! It's such a cool calendar! x

Suzi Mac said...

Fabulous paper piecing, and yes it works particularly well with these adorable image. Thank you for joining us at OSCC this week.
Hugs Suzi x

Shelley said...

This is fantastic, I love the detail, images and colours. Thanks for joining in with this weeks oscc.
Hugs Shelley xx